Storage & Backup Deep Technical Support
Location: Taguig City
Working within the Infrastructure Services, Global Operations Center, the Deep Technical Support Consultant is one of our most technically skilled people. With a deep understanding of IT infrastructure you will be involved in most aspects of keeping our customer’s servers, applications and hardware running smoothly. The position requires a good technical understanding of your speciality area and the ability to recover impacted services in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for fixing technically challenging problems to ensure that incidents do not reoccur. Applying your technical skills to change management and also ongoing maintenance of the customers IT Infrastructure, this is an ideal position for you to develop your skills and passion in IT to the next level. You will become experienced in operating a large scale, world class, global, 24/7 IT infrastructure. This is also a great foundation for your career within HP and the wealth of opportunity within.
– Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent certifications (MCSE, MCP, Oracle/MCDBA, HP-UX, CCNA, CCNP, SNIA).
– Minimum of 5+ years’ experience within IT Operations, infrastructure services support (Storage, Backups) operational monitoring and/or end user support.
– Minimum of 5+ years’ hands-on technical knowledge of the applicable technology platform that you will be responsible for: Storage, Backup Products.
– Must be able to demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
– Excellent understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes, preferably ITIL trained.
> Incident Management
– Incident Investigation & Diagnosis
– Take ownership of any assigned incidents from Level 2 Technical Support, update the incident and begin investigation.
– You will be required to investigate and diagnose the incident accurately and effectively. Owning multiple incidents you will need to prioritize your response to the incident based on the Priority and Severity of the issue.
– Define an action plan for detailed diagnosis with the aim to resolve the incident and restore normal service as soon as possible.
– Efficient usage of technical scripts, diagnostic tools and a known error database is required.
– Liaise with 3rd party providers for assistance in identifying a series of events may be required.
– If the customer has specific processes for communication they will need to be followed.
– Regularly update the incident record with your actions.
– If the duration of the incident exceeded the stated SLA you may be required to reprioritize and escalate the issue to the next level of support or a management escalation.
– If the incident is a major Priority 1 incident affecting the Key Production Environment (KPE) you will be required to escalate to the Shift Leader / Strategic Incident Manager in a timely manner.
– Resolution and Recovery
– As potential resolutions to the issue are found you will be required to implement the solution and test that the resolution has fixed the problem. If you have found a new fix to the issue that has not been documented you may need to update the known error database.
– Interactions between Authorized User(s) and Support Teams, plus all necessary actions deployed to restore services are documented in the Incident Record to provide a full history of events. This detail can be an invaluable input to Problem Management and Knowledge Management
– If the Incident’s duration, impact or urgency is extended during Investigation and Diagnosis, it may be necessary to reassess the assigned priority and initiate Management Review.
– Throughout this activity the Authorized User is notified of progress.
– Incident Closure
– Upon closing the incident verify that the categorization and closure code of the incident is correct.
– If there are multiple incident reoccurring and or the incident is deemed to have a deeper issue that requires root cause analysis or escalation to the problem manager you may be required to initiate a Problem Record.
– When the Incident is resolved, the Authorized User is contacted to verify the Incident has been successfully resolved.
> Problem Management
– Problem Initiation
– You will be responsible for detection and initiation of the Problem record (PMR),-Initial categorization, classification and prioritization of the problem record
– You will also need to assign the problem owner.
– Problem Ownership
– Responsible for managing problem records throughout problem management lifecycle
– Review of problem records and assignment of Root Cause Owner to all problems in a timely manner
– Communication to the relevant stakeholders during the lifecycle of the Problem Resolution —
– Provide management information about the problem record
– Identify improvement opportunities in the problem management process and initiating continual improvement projects along with problem manager
– Root Cause Owner
– Perform root cause analysis and documenting a workaround solution to the problem
– Together with problem owner perform the closure assessment of error records and problem records —Documents known errors in the KEDB
– If the issue is related to Standard Tools, you will need to assign a root cause owner in the capability services teams, (ESM/DCS Monitoring/HPSA)
– Problem Analysis
– Review incident history and trend analysis at regular intervals as a means of proactively identifying problems —Monitor known errors and working with problem owners to implement solutions for known errors in their environments
> Change Management
– Change Implementation
– Planning and Engineering of routine or emergency changes within the respective technology
– Participation in Change Advisory Board (CAB) / Technical Advisory Board (TAB) meetings to determine impact of, provide feedback on, and approve/decline changes for customer environment changes
– Executing routine changes and simple emergency changes as defined in the change management process
– Records Test and Implement against the change plan
– Conduct the production acceptance testing as applicable
– Document and report any newly identified risks and reports to the Change Supervisor
– Ensure compliance to the 4 Eye Change Process, update any changes into this system
> Technical Owner Role / Configuration Management
– Server or CI Ownership
– The technical owner role requires you to take specific responsibility for a group of servers. You may be a point of contact for these servers as part of the incident / problem and change management processes.
– You will have in depth knowledge of the configuration and usage of these servers
– You will be required to ensure the configuration management information for your allotted servers is correct in the CMDB
– You will also be required to ensure the good health of these systems by using health checking and monitoring tools e.g. ACF
– Accountable for updating technical documentation for a specific environment / set of systems
– Ensure compliance with internal documentation standards
> Routine IT Operations
– Performing the routine tasks that keep and infrastructure running is a core part of the role.
– The IT operational tasks will be clearly documented and conducted on a scheduled routine basis.
– Provide subject matter expertise and consultation including project implementation where required.
> Team Responsibilities.
– As a Deep Technical Support Consultant, you are required to solve 100% of incidents. You are the final solution provider. Achieving this goal is a team effort, you will need to foster a good working relationship with all team members and work together as a team to meet this challenge.
– Build strong working relationship with Operational Team Lead, Service Desk Agents and GOC Delivery Manager
– Good awareness of the customers business and in-depth knowledge of the customer’s environment and support processes.
– Comply with the ITSM & SLA standards by observing the Incident Management lifecycle processes.
– Be proactive to anticipate issues or situations which impact service availability and critical response time, and take necessary mitigation steps escalating to management’s attention, where appropriate.
– On specific days you may be required to act as a queue manager. This task entails ensuring that new incidents arriving into your workgroups queue will be assigned an owner.
– As IT systems never sleep, you will be required to perfrom an out of hours standy service on a regular basis according to your teams schedule.
– Quality & Improvement
– Contribute in quality and productivity improvement projects, providing analysis of information.
– Ensure the compliance to processes and best practices outlined by the Quality Management System & Delivery Management.
– Provide technical consultation to the Shift Manager, Operational Team Lead or Shift Manager during escalations.
– Ongoing Education
– Follow training plans, requirements and schedules as outlined by the Technical Supervisor.
– Complete and keep up to date with all Mandatory trainings. (ITSM, Security Fundaments, Standards of Business Conduct, Environmental Health and Safety, Standards of Personal Conduct)
– Produce and deliver local technical workshops and trainings to ensure technical knowledge improvement
> Case Management
– Ensure all cases are acted upon conscientiously and in the framework expected according to the SLA.
– Provide clear and unambiguous communication within Incident Management case tools with frequent and timely updates.
– Chase any outstanding teams for case updates as appropriate, whether internal or external, ensuring that cases are resolved in a timely manner and do not breach SLA, else when required escalate to the Technical Supervisor.
> Core Competency:
– Must be a Service and Customer orientated team player. Flexible, self motivated with the ability to work under pressure in an International and culturally diverse organization.
– Must possess the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
– Good motivational skills plus verbal and written communication skills, strong command of English Language. Must be additionally fluent in at least one of the common languages of the supported customer (dependant on region). Fluent in local languages advantageous.
> Soft Skills
– Strong interpersonal and telephony skills
– Team player. Ability to collaborate and cooperate with members of team and members of other teams
– Good communication skills, excellent written and spoken English skills and Customer centric focus.
– Understanding of 24×7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company’s bottom line
– Ability to pro-actively learn new technology, processes and other skills
– Able to pro-actively search for solutions from knowledge bases, support documentation and other information.
– Keen interest in continual learning and professional development
– Ability to communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all customers, partners and users, internal and external
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks, problems and requests in a high pressure environment
> Additional Requirements for Expert Level Position
– 10+ years’ experience within IT Operations, infrastructure services support, operations monitoring and end user support.
– Minimum of 5+ years’ hands-on technical knowledge in the respective technology
– Must be able to prepare technical documentation upon request
– Manage and own cases within customer specific project management tools
– Technical project planning and advanced Engineering
– Mentor and lead others within the team to excel technically and operationally.
– Work across the team providing expert knowledge to those who need it and assisting them in improving their skills
> Backups – Technical Skills
– Excellent understanding of administering Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux based Systems required
– Excellent knowledge of some of the following on UNIX and Windows platforms:
• Backup and Storage HW and SW products
• Backup Exec
• Backup scheduling including restart and stop of backup sessions
• BRMS (AS/400 backup solution)
• Comm Vault
• Data Protector
• EMC Avamar
• EMC Legato Networker
• EVS backup
• File system permissions
• Hardware troubleshooting
• Restore of data
• TSM Tivoli Storage Manager
• Windows and Unix Processes
• Knowledge of HP OPENVIEW and HP OVO monitoring.
– Certification and/or equivalent experience any of the above technologies required
> Storage / SAN – Technical Skills Specifically required.
– Certification and administration experience of one or more of the following arrays and related connectivity equipment:
• Array: EMC Clarion
• Array: EMC Symmetric
• Array: EVA series
• Array: MSA series
• Array: XP series
• HP EVA BC
• HP EVA CA
• HP Storage Works
• HP XP BC
• HP XP CA
• IBM Series
• IBM Shark
• Storage Essentials
• Time Finder
How to Apply?
Send updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more I.T./I.T. for BPO/KPO jobs, please visit:www.itpilipinas.wordpress.com
NOTE: No Fees will be collected. Only qualified applicants will be entertained. Your resume is being kept with utmost confidentiality. All questions and inquiries will be answered during interview.