Storage & Backup Deep Technical Support
Location: Taguig City
Working within the Infrastructure Services, Global Operations Center, the Deep Technical Support Consultant is one of our most technically skilled people. With a deep understanding of IT infrastructure you will be involved in most aspects of keeping our customer’s servers, applications and hardware running smoothly. The position requires a good technical understanding of your specialty area and the ability to recover impacted services in a timely manner. You will also be responsible for fixing technically challenging problems to ensure that incidents do not reoccur. Applying your technical skills to change management and also ongoing maintenance of the customers IT Infrastructure, this is an ideal position for you to develop your skills and passion in IT to the next level. You will become experienced in operating a large scale, world class, global, 24/7 IT infrastructure. This is also a great foundation for your career within HP and the wealth of opportunity within.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent certifications (MCSE, MCP, Oracle/MCDBA, HP-UX, CCNA, CCNP, SNIA).
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience within IT Operations, infrastructure services support (Storage, Backups) operational monitoring and/or end user support.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ hands-on technical knowledge of the applicable technology platform that you will be responsible for: Storage, Backup Products.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of ITSM\ITIL processes, preferably ITIL trained.
> Backups – Technical Skills
- Excellent understanding of administering Windows Server and/or Unix/Linux based Systems required
- Excellent knowledge of some of the following on UNIX and Windows platforms:
- Arcserve/Brightstore Backup and Storage HW and SW products Backup Exec
- Backup scheduling including restart and stop of backup sessions
- BRMS (AS/400 backup solution)
- Comm Vault
- Data Protector
- EMC Avamar
- EMC Legato Networker
- EVS backup
- File system permissions
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Restore of data
- TSM Tivoli Storage Manager
- Windows and Unix Processes
- Knowledge of HP OPENVIEW and HP OVO monitoring.
*Certification and/or equivalent experience any of the above technologies required
> Storage / SAN – Technical Skills Specifically required.
Certification and administration experience of one or more of the following arrays and related connectivity equipment:
- Array: EMC Clarion
- Array: EMC Symmetric
- Array: EVA series
- Array: MSA series
- Array: XP series
- HP EVA BC
- HP EVA CA
- HP Storage Works
- HP XP BC
- HP XP CA
- IBM Series
- IBM Shark
- Storage Essentials
- Time Finder
How to Apply?
Send updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more I.T./I.T. for BPO/KPO jobs, please visit: www.itpilipinas.wordpress.com
Keep in track with the updated job openings, follow us:
NOTE: No Fees will be collected. Only qualified applicants will be entertained. Your resume is being kept with utmost confidentiality. All questions and inquiries will be answered during interview.